You asked for quick and easy, so we're giving you just that! This healthy asian stir fry requires about 20 minutes of prep time and is loaded with healthy veggies, whole grains, and a complete protein. Warning: please don't be intimidated by the multipart directions. Whether you're already a top chef or you've never turned your gas on, this recipe is easy to follow and is practically fool proof. While some of you may choose to chop your veggies individually (all the more power to you), we're thankful that Trader Joe's has developed a pre-cut Asian stir fry veggie blend for those nights we're tied for time… which is the case for us most nights.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1 package Trader Joe's Asian vegetable stir fry
- For those of you who chose to make stir fry from scratch, include: 1/4 cup green peppers, sliced, 1/4 cup red peppers, sliced, 1 cup broccoli, raw, 1/2 cup snap peas, 1/4 cup snow pods, 1/2 cup white onions, chopped, 1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced, 1/4 cup baby carrots, 1 cup bok choy, 1/4 cup baby corn
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup organic, brown rice
- 1/4 cup water (for veggies)
- 1 1/4 cup water (for rice)
- 2 tablespoons Trader Joe's Island Soyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons siracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Add olive oil to medium stir fry pan, over medium heat. Add vegetables and distribute evenly throughout the pan.
- Add rice vinegar and Soyaki sauce. Mix vegetables into sauce over flame. Let cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add siracha sauce and water. Continue to mix vegetables into sauce over flame for about another 10 minutes. Vegetables should cook for a total of ~20 minutes (or until preferred).
- While veggies are cooking, on separate burner combine 1/2 cup rice and 1 1/4 cup water into saucepan.
- Stir slightly and bring contents to a bowl.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with lid.
- Allow to simmer for 10-12 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Once vegetables are cooked you may use the same pan to fry 2 eggs.
- Crack eggs over pan and cook over medium.
- Plate dishes by placing rice underneath the stir fry and lastly add the egg on top. May top with additional siracha to taste.