If you haven't noticed we love a good bowl of noodles. Just not the refined carb noodles that do nothing for your summer bod. This is one of our favorite go-to week night dinner recipes. If you haven't heard of shirataki noodles (also known as miracle noodles), you're not alone. These are the weird noodles in a bag that you find in the tofu section of the grocery store. Trust us on this one, with only 20 calories PER BAG, these are a great way to satisfy that pasta craving.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1 bag of shirataki noodles
- About 7 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- Fresh mozzarella (1 oz)
- Fresh basil (2 leaves shredded, 1 leaf for garnish)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (we used Ragu light, no sugar added)
- Cut open the shirataki noodle bag and drain the water. Rinse the noodles under water for about 2 minutes. Once rinsed, drained, and patted dry, microwave the noodles in a bowl for 2 minutes. That funky smell you got when you opened the bag will be gone after microwaving!
- Spiralize one zucchini into zoodles and sprinkle with sea salt
- Place the tomatoes in a pan under medium heat with 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- When the tomatoes start to soften, add the zucchini. Slowly add one tablespoon of tomato sauce at a time to sauté the vegetables together for about 2 minutes
- In a separate bowl, mix together the zucchini and tomato with the shirataki noodles. Add enough tomato sauce to spread evenly
- Add 1 ounce of mozzarella cheese and finally add the basil