Hosting a healthy summer brunch party can be stressful. Unless you hire an omelet chef, you face the dilemma of keeping the eggs hot, personalizing orders, and feeding all of your guests at the same time. Before you throw in the towel and turn to the convenient bagels and cream cheese, we have your solution: omelet muffins!
They're exactly what their name suggests. "Omelets" made in muffin tins. They allow you to simultaneously cook for an entire brunch party and personalize orders. Not to mention, they're kind of adorable to showcase. Below we are sharing one of our favorite recipes, but feel free to tailor it to you or your guests!
Ingredients: (makes 8 muffins)
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup diced bell peppers
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 handfuls chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or cheese of choice)
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 6 or 7 muffin cups with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, veggies, and milk. Scoop into the prepared muffin tins (We find it easiest to use a 1/3 cup measuring cup) almost to the top. Sprinkle cheese on top. Then give each one a good dose of pepper or a pinch of salt.
4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until egg is cooked through. Easy way to check the egg: touch the middle of the muffins. If they are still wet and gooey, they'll need a little more time in the oven. They should feel cooked through.
5. Serve egg muffins immediately (with salsa or guacamole, if desired).