Inspired by eating a TON of cauliflower pizza on Monday night, thanks to our girl @officialcauligirl, we created yet another healthy spin on the classic cheesy slice. We love this recipe because it's super simple (if you can read this, you can make it) and delicious. It combines the flavors of garlic, basil, juicy tomatoes, and melted cheese into a bowl that won't leave you feeling guilty or thinking about your next trip to the gym. Make this for a snack, side dish, or appetizer.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or San Marzano tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh or dried basil to taste (we use ~1/2 teaspoon dried)
- Add olive oil and tomatoes to pan on medium heat. Allow to saute for about 8 minutes before adding the garlic powder and basil. Continue to saute for total of 10-12 minutes. Move around with spatula to prevent burning.
- Once sauteed, move hot contents to bowl and add Parmesan cheese. Allow to melt for about 2 minutes.
- Enjoy! May add additional garlic powder or basil if desired.