While cauliflower rice has taken the spotlight for quite awhile now, it's looking like it might be time to share the stage with it's cousin, Broccoli! That's right, broccoli rice is officially a thing!!
This recipe for crispy broccoli rice is super simple and requires just 5 ingredients, 4 of which are likely already sitting in your kitchen cabinet. Serve this as a side to almost any dish, or add in your choice of protein to make it an entree.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1 large head of broccoli (or 3/4 bag of broccoli rice)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put broccoli head into food processor to make broccoli "rice" if you do not have the pre-riced broccoli.
- In a baking tin, add olive oil and broccoli rice. Sprinkle garlic powder on top and gently mix together in tin.
- Allow contents to bake for about 35 minutes. Then open oven and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Allow to bake for another 5-8 minutes, until Parmesan appears melted but not burned.
- Allow to cool for about 1 minute before serving.