If you've been following us for a bit, you probably know that we look for 3 main factors when we bring you a recipe: 1) Nutrition. We obviously strive to provide the healthiest recipes we possibly can. 2) Taste. If it doesn't taste good, it's not worth your time. 3) Convenience. We're busy, you're busy... we're not full-time chefs, and you're probably not either (but if you are, send us some inspo!!). The less time you spend in the kitchen, the more free time you have - we know!
This Asian-Style Stir-Fry hits all 3 of these factors, PLUS, you can get creative on your own and add a few ingredients to spice it up! We bring this to you as a delicious side dish, but feel free to throw a fried egg (or two) on top and have it for brunch. OR mix it up with some grilled chicken and you have a stir-fry salad... sort of. Here's how we do it:
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 4 cups shredded cabbage, kale, and Brussels Sprouts (note: you may buy this pre-shredded for convenience)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Sriracha sauce
- Add olive oil to pan and turn on medium heat. Add minced garlic and allow to saute until it begins to brown.
- Add shredded vegetables. Leave alone for about 1 minute, as vegetables will shrink in heat. Use spatula to mix in pan, to prevent veggies from sticking. After about 3 minutes, add sesame oil and soy sauce. Continue to mix together for about another 3 minutes. Allow to cook until vegetables begin to brown.
- Add stir-fry to serving plate and top with Sesame seeds. May add optional dash of sriracha for extra spicy flavor!