This is HANDS DOWN my new favorite breakfast! Imagine eating a short stack and NOT feeling an ounce of guilt!? That's what this dish is all about. It's made with just cottage cheese, cage-free eggs, plain oats, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and a ripe banana. I decided to post it on a Friday to give you all the chance to get these ingredients so you can make this over the weekend :)
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1/2 cup plain cottage cheese (I used Muuna)
- 1/2 cup plain oats (I used McCann's)
- 2 whole organic, cage-free eggs
- 1 whole banana (divided in half)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Crack 2 eggs into medium bowl and add cottage cheese, cinnamon, vanilla, and oats. Mix ingredients together until batter appears uniform.
- Cut banana in half horizontally. Now cut that half of the banana into small pieces and cook over the stove on medium heat for about 2 minutes, until banana appears caramelized. Add caramelized banana half to the batter and mix again.
- Use a non-stick pan to cook pancakes over medium heat. Use about 1.5 tablespoon of batter per pancake to make a short stack.
- Once pancakes are cooked, caramelize the other half of the banana by cutting it into horizontal pieces and cooking over medium heat, until both sides are browned.
- ENJOY! **feel free to add toppings like maple syrup (2 tablespoons), fruit, coconut flakes, or whatever toppings you like!**