We've always been inclined to bake our veggies, especially around the holidays. For one, baked veggies seem to taste sweeter and more flavorful versus using other cooking methods. Second, baking is much healthier than steaming, as many nutrients get lost in the water used to steam. Last, we love raw veggies, but they don't convey the same effort as a heartfelt baked dish. I mean, imagine hosting a dinner party and serving a plate of raw carrots. #awkward.
Here is our super simple and yummy recipe for baked carrots, completely approved for your holiday dinner party.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 large bags of organic carrots
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash carrots with water. Cut in half horizontally. In small bowl, mix carrots, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Lay carrots on non stick baking sheet or pan, in a single layer. Add rosemary and thyme - don't be afraid to be generous!
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until carrots are tender.