We've made berry ice cream, we've conjured up recipes for banana sundaes, but we have yet to use our beloved mangoes in the dessert department. This recipe is actually inspired by the traditional Indian lassi smoothie, which is essentially a mixture of fruit, milk, and spices. However, below we've swapped the milk for kefir to provide some probiotic power and a more ice-cream-like consistency. We've also topped the sweet treat with chili lime powder to give the perfect balance of sweet, salty, and zesty!
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mango, cubed
- 3/4 cup of plain kefir (we used Lifeway)
- Chili lime powder
- Optional: coconut flakes
- Blend mango and kefir together on high, until contents appear well blended.
- Pour mixture into bowl, and top with ~1/2 teaspoon chili lime powder (may add more/less to taste)
- May add ~1 tsp coconut flakes