One of our favorite activities is grocery shopping (yes, we're health nerds). Whether it's for ourselves or for our clients, it's always fun to see what new health foods debut in the aisles, and subsequently decide whether we support them. We're BIG fans of Trader Joe's and we generally trust their brand. This is why we get especially excited when we discover a new snack, dressing, dip, or beverage that we can confidently give the Tovita stamp of approval. Here is a list of our top 5 TJ's foods that we're #thankful for.
1. Trader Joe's Cowboy Caviar: Rather than serving traditional salsa at gatherings, spice things up with this corn, black bean, and pepper salsa. Just 2 tablespoons has 25 calories.
2. Trader Giotto's Bruschetta: Don't have time to make bruschetta from scratch? We hear you. TJ's has crafted a delicious blend of tomatoes, garlic, onions, basil, and spices. 2 tablespoons has 25 calories and only 2 grams of sugar.
3. Trader Joe's Freeze Dried Blueberries: Looking for a healthy snack that also satisfies your sweet tooth? 1 entire bag of TJ's freeze dried blueberries contains 7 grams of fiber! The best part? The only ingredient is freeze dried blueberries, meaning no additives, no preservatives, and no ingredients you can't pronounce.
4. Trader Joe's Island Soyaki Sauce: Sometimes your stir fry just needs a little flavor, and we're sympathetic to that. 1 tablespoon of the Island Soyaki has just 25 calories and gives your meal that teriyaki kick. In addition to veggies, this sauce pairs nicely with fish, tofu, or poultry.
5. Trader Joe's Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt Dip: When it comes to diet disasters, the spinach dip is a viable culprit (we've all been there). This spinach and kale Greek yogurt dip is both a healthier and delicious option. 2 tablespoons contains just 30 calories. There you go, game day feels a bit more guilt-free, doesn't it?