Turns out we all face the same morning dilemma: how to beat the rush to work and squeeze in a moment for breakfast. One of the reasons we're still riding the overnight oats bandwagon is that it solves exactly this conundrum. When you plan your breakfast the night before, you eliminate that early morning breakfast bind. Now, pumpkin season isn't quite over yet so we're milking it for all that it's worth. This pumpkin overnight oats recipe combines fiber and protein to help you feel satisfied until lunch. Not to mention anything in a Mason jar makes for a perfect on-the-go solution.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 2/3 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Trader Joe's pumpkin spice blend
- Combine frozen banana, pumpkin puree, soy milk, yogurt, vanilla extract, and spices in a blender. Power on high until ingredients are well blended.
- Pour dry rolled oats into Mason jar.
- Add blended pumpkin-banana mix into Mason jar.
- Add chia seeds into Mason Jar.
- Mix contents with a spoon until oats, puree, and chia seeds appear evenly distributed. Close jar and place in refrigerator overnight.