Popsicles take us back to our childhoods, when we had red juice dripping down our chins and blue tongues for days. We like the idea of a refreshing snack for Fourth of July, so we’ve added the Tovita touch to our grade school favorite by replacing the high fructose corn syrup and artificial colors with fresh ingredients. These coco-cherry popsicles are made simply from fresh (or frozen) fruit, Greek yogurt, and a touch of coconut flakes. These guys are a great go-to snack because they combine fiber, protein, and healthy fat - the perfect recipe to hold you over ‘till your evening BBQ.
Ingredients (serves 4):
~10-12 pitted cherries (fresh or frozen)
5 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt
¼ cup vanilla almond milk
4 teaspoons coconut flakes
1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Add cherries to blender and puree with a touch of water for about 5 seconds.
- Add 1 teaspoon of coconut flakes into each individual popsicle mold (found at most grocery stores). Then evenly distribute the pureed cherries to each popsicle mold.
- Separately, blend Greek yogurt, almond milk, and optional honey for about 3 seconds.
- Evenly distribute yogurt mixture into the Popsicle molds.
- Allow popsicles to freeze for at least 5 hours. When ready to enjoy, run under cool water for about 30 seconds, or until the popsicle is easily removed from mold.