This recipe is one of my all-time favorites, partially because it's completely fool proof, but mostly because it's so delicious. Bonus: it's packed with fiber and protein and serves as a standalone meal, or as a side dish to a larger meal. I like to make a big portion of this in the beginning of the week and keep it on-hand in the fridge all week long. Note: if you want to make a larger portion, just double (or triple) the ingredients below.
Ingredients (serves 2-3):
- 1 cup quinoa, dry
- 3/4 cup organic canned black beans
- 3/4 cup organic canned corn
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 whole, organic eggs
- 2 limes, for juice
- chili lime seasoning, to taste
- smoked paprika, to taste
- sriracha sauce, if desired
- Cook quinoa according to instructions on box. Once cooked, set aside in bowl to cool.
- Combine quinoa, tomatoes, corn, feta and black beans together in bowl. Add paprika and chili lime seasoning, according to desired taste. Squeeze juice of 2 limes. Mix ingredients together until contents appear evenly distributed.
- You may poach, fry, or scramble egg to top quinoa salad. Note: Add egg right before serving.