We are very excited to post our first menu for our new "Tovita Tastes" section. Going forward, we will be posting our top "Tovita-approved" options from menus that all of you amazing Tovita Tribers send us to review. This section will not be devoted to restaurants that pride themselves on offering inherently healthy foods; it will rather include menus from all types of restaurants. As consumers, we want to show you that just because an eatery doesn't define itself as healthy doesn't mean you can't make modifications to your order to make it healthy. To start things off, we are tasting a NYC neighborhood favorite, Joseph Leonard. JL has become one of our go-to work lunch spots for a few reasons: 1. its cozy, wooden atmosphere makes us feel right at home, 2. the food is guaranteed to hit the spot, and 3. its close proximity to Le Petit Puppy (because who doesn't love to play with puppies after some eggs benedict??).
Without further adieu, a few of our top picks:
- Avocado toast with 2 poached eggs: this is great to split with a friend. since they only serve country-style white bread (vs. whole grain), try to stick to one piece.
- Benedict: sans the scallion cream sauce/hollandaise. at the very least, order it on the side and use your discretion.
- Little gem lettuces with chicken
- Endive and grapefruit salad
- Roasted octopus
- Lamb meatballs
Sides (we love all of their veggies!) :
- Caramelized cauliflower: also one of our personal favorites
- Brussels sprouts
- Farro and kohlrabi
- Butternut squash and radicchio
- Roasted mushroom