Breakfast foods are my absolute favorite. I love breakfast for breakfast... and I also love breakfast for dinner. Especially when I've had a long day at work and I have about 5 minutes of dinner prep in me, at best. As a dietitian, maximizing the nutrition in my meals is always a priority - and it just so happens that nutrients and flavor go hand-in-hand when it comes to my scrambles. I'm big on adding spices to eggs because 1) they provide a ton of flavor, and 2) spices are super high in antioxidants - that substance that combats otherwise harmful free-radicals. I urge you to try my recipe for spicing up your scrambles, regardless of what meal you make it for. PS: feel free to get creative! If there is a spice that you love not listed below, modify my recipe and make it your own!
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 2 whole eggs, organic, cage-free
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- dash of soy milk (or almond if you prefer)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- generous pour of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
- may top with sriracha
- Crack 2 eggs in bowl and whisk so that egg yolks break and mixture appears uniform and yellow. Add dash of soy milk and mix again.
- Add spices to egg mixture and mix again.
- Use nonstick pan and turn heat to medium. Add feta cheese to skillet. Scramble eggs until they are cooked to your liking.
- May garnish with more thyme or spices, as desired.