With Halloween around the corner, we decided to share one of our favorite sweet treats. These raw, nutrient packed bites serve as the perfect on-the-go snack or dessert. They solve that after dinner "I just need one bite of something sweet" problem. Because let's be real, we've all been there. We make them by the batch so they're ready to grab n' go. The high quality ingredients listed below offer protein, healthy fats, and fiber for a sweet and satisfying treat.
Ingredients (makes about 12):
1 cup hazelnuts
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2 tablespoons cacao powder
2 tablespoons chia seeds
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
Pinch of salt
- Coconut flakes
- sesame seeds
- Chopped pistachios
- Matcha powder
- Cocoa powder
1. Add the cashews, hazelnuts and shredded coconut into the food processor and pulse until it turns to a coarse flour, about 10-15 seconds. With the machine on, add the dates one by one.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse for about 30 seconds.
3. Scoop a tablespoon worth of the dough and roll it into a ball. Place on a plate. Repeat until all the dough is used up.
4. Place your selected topping option in a small bowl, and roll a ball in the dusting until it is evenly coated.
5. Refrigerate for about 30 min so they become firm. You can store them in the fridge for weeks, or freeze them for later use.