If you've already gone apple picking this season, you're probably wondering how you're ever going to use all of those Macintoshes. (And if you haven't, apples are practically falling off the shelves right now, so you'll be just fine). Either way, we have the answer to your apple abundance and it's super sweet - really, though.
This apple parfait requires a little chopping and baking, but we promise it's totally worth it! We recommend baking a bunch of these apples at once, so you can make this several times throughout the week. Follow below.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 2 large Macintosh apples, diced (or 4 small Macintosh apples) NOTE: recommend baking about 6 medium apples, diced, to store extra.
- 6 oz plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 6 walnuts, crushed
- ~1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- While oven is heating, dice apples into ~ 1/2 inch pieces. Spread apples onto nonstick baking sheet or pan. If pan, add ~2 tablespoons water
- Sprinkle cinnamon over apples
- Bake for ~35 minutes. Apple slices should maintain their diced shape
- Allow to cool for about 20-30 minutes
- In glass or jar, layer yogurt and apples, as pictured above. In the last layer of apples, sprinkle crushed walnuts on top