I meannnn if the title of this recipe isn't enough to excite you, I'm not sure what will. These cookie balls are delicious, chocolatey-peanut butter dream balls, that make me feel good about eating dessert - and I hope they do the same for you! Feel free to follow the ingredients/directions here, or if you prefer that they look more like cookies than "cookie balls," add about 1/4 teaspoon baking powder to the batter so they rise. Note: this recipe makes 6 cookies, so if you want to make a big batch be sure to double (or triple) the ingredients. ENJOY!
Ingredients (makes 6 balls):
- 1 egg, organic & cage-free
- 1 cup plain, rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (honey works too!)
- 2 (generous) tablespoons organic peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate chips (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Crack egg in medium bowl and whisk. Add oatmeal and mix together, so the oatmeal egg combo becomes uniform. Then mix in the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
- Once batter is uniformly mixed, roll about 6 1" balls and place on parchment paper over baking sheet. Then add dark chocolate chips individually (~3-4 per ball). Bake for 10 minutes.