The people have (insta) voted and I have listened.
I have attempted kale chips in the past and I've often had trouble getting that crunchy consistency without burning them to a crisp, so I was super excited when these were perfectly crispy and still green! This recipe uses olive oil spray (vs. olive oil from the bottle), which I think is important for getting an even distribution without weighing the chips down. I will admit that these are best when they're eaten day of. In other words, don't make them today for your dinner party this weekend. (Also maybe come up with a better menu for your dinner party). Anyway, recipe is here, I hope you enjoy!!
- Fresh, Baby Kale
- 1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray baking sheet with light coat of olive oil spray to prevent kale from sticking to sheet. Evenly distribute kale on baking sheet. Top with sunflower seeds and another spray (or two) of olive oil. You just want them to be lightly coated. Lightly salt them if they desired.
- Bake for ~15-18 minutes. They will shrink in size (don't be alarmed!) but take them out before they turn brown/black.
- Remove from tray and sprinkle nutritional yeast.