What started as an attempt at chicken soup, soon turned into vegetable soup, which naturally took another turn and became (one of) the best mistakes I've ever made...
Sweet Corn & Vegetable Soup!!
But really. This soup combines the best flavors of a winter veggie soup with the natural sweet flavor from corn. Per usual, this soup IS NOT difficult to make. It takes a total of approximately 30 minutes, most of which does not require you to stand in the kitchen. Here's how to make it:
Ingredients (serves 3):
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 3 long celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 1/3 cup yellow onions, chopped
- 1 can yellow corn kernels, in water
- 1 quart low sodium vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- In a large pot, combine all vegetables except for corn, and turn heat to medium-high. Add a bit of vegetable stock to prevent veggies from sticking to bottom of pot. Place lid on pot and heat for about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetable stock, remove the lid, and continue to cook on medium heat for another 20 minutes. Mix vegetables occasionally.
- Add can of corn and allow some of the water from the can into the soup. Add pepper and turmeric, and allow to cook for another 5 minutes. Enjoy!