We decided to shake things up by combining food with fashion! Danielle Bernstein of WeWoreWhat challenged us to create a quinoa salad using some of her favorite ingredients (ie. avocado - anyone shocked!?) The summer salad we concocted is SUPER simple and refreshing. We recommend making a batch in the beginning of the week to have for meals or snacks throughout the week. Use the recipe below or watch us cooking together here!
- 1 cup quinoa (any color)
- 1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup orange slices, thick
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp yellow onions, diced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- optional: 1 grilled chicken breast
- Boil quinoa on one burner. Remember, 1 part quinoa, 2 parts water. Bring quinoa & water to rolling boil, then turn flame to medium/low and cover pot until water evaporates.
- On a separate burner saute onions and mushrooms in olive oil until onions turn golden brown.
- Once quinoa is cooked, place in separate bowl and allow to cool.
- Add peas, mushrooms, onions, orange slices, avocado, and feta cheese to quinoa. Mix together until ingredients appear evenly distributed. Enjoy!