You've tried our spaghetti squash, you've made our zoodles for dinner... but you have yet to try our latest "pasta" concoction: black bean pasta! These noodles are made from just black bean flour - no additives, preservatives, or artificial ingredients. Why are we so excited? One serving of this deliciousness has 15 grams of fiber and 14 grams of protein! Yes, we just gave you your next #meatlessmonday meal. Our recipe below calls for three simple main ingredients, but as always, feel free to add in your favorite veggies!
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 3/4 cup black bean pasta (dry)
- 1/4 cup parmesan, shredded
- 1/4 cup yellow onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Bring ~2 cups of water to rolling boil. Add dry pasta and stir gently. Return heat to medium boil and cook 8-10 mins, or until al dente.
- On another pan, sauté onions with olive oil, until they turn golden brown.
- When pasta is cooked, drain water and place in bowl. Add parmesan (fresh off the stove is best, to allow cheese to melt), and add onions.
- No sauce needed! However, feel free to add your favorite tomato sauce or any other veggies!