Hosting the Super Bowl this Sunday? Be sure to check out our last post for tips to avoid a food hangover on Monday. Also be sure to try our our light and delicious white bean dip recipe! We have one more simple, crowd pleasing recipe for you. These chicken lettuce wraps are easy to make, full of flavor, and are a healthier option for those of you trying to steer clear of the chicken wings. Enjoy!
Ingredients: ( 8 servings)
- 8 carrots, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 cans of water chest nuts, drained and diced
- 5 scallions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cooked rotisserie chickens, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted cashews, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1-2 heads Iceburg lettuce or romaine for wrapping
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/3 cup warm water
- Saute carrots, celery, peppers, water chest nuts, scallions, ginger, and garlic in skillet coated with oil spray or 1 tbsp oil (sesame, peanut, or olive oil works)
- Mix together sauce ingredients in separate bowl and stir until creamy. Add to skillet and stir to coat vegetables evenly. Add the chicken to mix all the flavors together, about 1-2 more minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and add the cashews and cilantro. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes
- Break off lettuce wraps and fill each lettuce cup with about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture. Option to garnish with more cilantro or scallions.