We all love a good short stack, but between the white flour, butter, and powdered sugar, we would be lying if we said we eat them feeling guilt-free. We believe that your diet shouldn't be about sacrifice, but instead should revolve around balance and moderation. In this case, we decided to modify one of our favorite breakfasts by swapping out the refined sugars and adding healthy ingredients. These flour-free, protein-packed, banana pancakes are a Tovita breakfast staple and will make you feel good about starting your day.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia or flax seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil for cooking
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Optional: blueberries to add to batter, coconut flakes to sprinkle on top
1. Mix bananas, eggs, vanilla extract, chia seeds, and cinnamon in blender until batter-like consistency.
2. Heat pan on medium-low with coconut oil. Add handful of blueberries to batter.
3. Cook 2-3 pancakes at a time to avoid breaking. These are less dense than regular pancakes!
4. Drizzle maple syrup on top and sprinkle coconut flakes for decoration.